Scuba diving is a totally awesome sport. Now there’s Scuba Rangers, a way cool scuba club for kids ages 8 to 12. Scuba Ranger Club is all about fun and learning with other active Scuba Rangers. While no two clubs are the same, most are organized groups who get together to have fun diving, learn more about SCUBA, and participate in other fun activities. Many clubs are located in places similar to your town, but many are on exotic islands. This means there may be a Scuba Ranger Club where your family goes on vacation, so you can go diving without your mom and dad!
- With Scuba Rangers, you can dive in a pool with real diving equipment, play games underwater, and other fun stuff!
- You’re part of a special, elite group -scuba divers!
- You accomplish things that will amaze your family, friends, and yourself.
- You develop good sense around the water, and increase awareness of water safety.
- You build confidence, self esteem and pride.
- Unlike many other sports, scuba diving can be enjoyed for a lifetime.
It’s easy to become a Scuba Ranger! Scuba Rangers is for any active kid age 8 to 12. You must have basic swimming skills, be comfortable in the water, and be in good health.
Next, you enroll in a Scuba Ranger Development Program. In the program you work your way through five basic levels. You’ll get cool rewards for each level you complete.
- Level 1: Red Ranger -Water safety techniques, swimming and snorkeling skills
- Level 2: White Ranger -Snorkel review and first time on SCUBA
- Level 3: Blue Ranger -More scuba skills and underwater photography
- Level 4: Silver Ranger -More scuba, fun, and games
- Level 5: Demo Ranger -Demo Ranger is the highlight because you proudly demonstrate your skills to parents, family, and friends.
After Demo Ranger, you get a temporary completion card. You are also eligible to join the Scuba Rangers Club where the fun really begins.
Rangers are expected to make a commitment to learning the proper diving skills and following safe diving practices- and to having fun!