Advanced Open Water Diver
Ready to increase your diving abilities? We will expand your diving abilities to new horizons. Be more comfortable in the water by having confidence to navigate your way back. Learn proper dive boat etiquette. Take the next step to visiting sites at deeper depths. And learn proper night diving skills while seeing nocturnal creatures and being a good dive buddy.
- Open Water Certified
- Be in reasonably good health, a short medical questionaire must be completed
- Scuba equipment including lights and redundant air system
- Completed a total of 24 dives by the end of the course
- Ready for more diving fun!
Included in the program:
- Four advanced specialties
- Advanced dive planning including calculating surface air consumption
- Two classroom sessions
- Two days of diving
- Advanced Open Water card from SSI
Classroom sessions meet on two occasions and cover two specialties at each session. Then head out for dives over two days. All equipment used in classes must have a current hydro, CIP, BCP, and VIP. Proper environmental protection must be worn at all times.
For safety, a redundant air system is required for the deep dive. This can be purchased or rented from Aquatic Specialties.